Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Intro to Radiation
Transcript of Intro to Radiation
Radon, potassium-40, uranium, radium, thorium, cosmic rays, and the sun... We are exposed to 300 millirems of natural
radiation each year.This accounts for 85% of
our total annual exposure.
Where does the remaining 15% come from?
Man Made Sources!!!
Tobacco, television, medical
x-rays, smoke detectors, lantern
mantles, nuclear medicine, building
materials... So, we know how radioactive substances decay, but when does the element decay? Answer: NO ONE KNOWS!!! Radiation causes damage and alters the body's normal cells and normal cell function....CANCER!!
Can change the chemical makeup of things! It affects the ATOMS in a process called IONIZATION! Atoms --> Molecules --> Cells --> Tissue --> Organs --> Your Body!