Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
AUTOMATED CAR PARKING SYSTEM
Transcript of AUTOMATED CAR PARKING SYSTEM
In the modern world where parking space has become a very big problem , it has become a very crucial necessity to avoid the wastage of space in modern, big companies and apartments .
The earliest use of an APS was in Paris, France in 1905
Automated car parking system were used widely in major American and European cities by 1950's
NEED AND INTRODUCTION
AUTOMATED CAR PARKING ASSISTANCE SYSTEM
We are designing a System which will automatically detect the status of parking slots
The microcontroller is interfaced to the switches
When a car is parked the tire is placed on the switch and it gets pressed
When there is no car present the switch is open.
The microcontroller scans for the status of these switches whether they are pressed or not and accordingly displays the status of individual parking on LCD.
PUBLIC CAR PARKING SYSTEMS
We have designed a car parking system with 4 parking spaces
Cars can be parked according to the free spaces left in the parking system .
This idea is developed using PIC microcontroller
When a car is parked the tire is placed on the switch and it gets pressed.
The microcontroller scans for the status of the switches and displays the result on LCD .
MICROCONTROLLER : PIC 16F877A
TRANSFORMER : 15V , 0.5 A
LCD : 16x2 DISPLAY
CRYSTAL DIODE : 1N4007
REGULATOR : LM7805
RESISTORS ( 1K,10 K,330 ohms)
Less time delays.
Quick response time.
Low power requirement.
Save manpower and time .
CIRCUIT DIAGRAM IN PROTEAS
• 10 BIT INBUILT ADC 8 CHANNELS (AN0 – AN7)
• 40 PIN I/O (Port A:6 pins,
Port B,C,D:8 pins,Port E:3 pins)
• RESET PIN NO. 1 (ACTIVE LOW)
• CRYSTAL PINS AT 13 -14 PIN
• 1 SERIAL HALF DUPLEX PORT (RC7 (RX.) –RC6 (TX.))
• INTERRUPTS (RB0 (INT0)- RB1 (INT1))
• INBUILT I2C BUS (RC3 (SCL) – RC4(SDA))
• INBUILT SPI BUS (SS,SDI,SCK,CS)
• OPERATING VOLTAGE RANGE:2.0V TO 5.5V
• HIGH SINK/SOURCE CURRENT-25mA
LCD has 2 Power Sources
1. VCC and GND is at 1 and 2 NO. pins of LCD. Used to drive the LCD 3mA current consumption.
2. VCC and GND is at 15 and 16 NO. pins of LCD used to drive the backlight of LCD 100 mA current
Total current consumption = 3mA + 100mA = 103 mA
So, in order to reduce the current requirement we are connecting a 330 ohm resistance in series with the backlight pin VCC. This reduces the current consumption (100mA / 330ohm =0.303 mA).
Therefore new total current consumption = 0.303mA+3 mA =3.303 mA.
DESCRIPTION OF OTHER USED COMPONENTS
A 15V , 1A step down transformer is used to power the circuit .
Two SPDT Relays (Single Pole Double Throw Relay) are used. One of them is used to cut off the power supply when balance goes to zero and other relay is for off hook or on hook notification to MSEB.
Buzzer is used in a system to indicate or to grab the attention regarding an emergency situation occurred. Buzzer act as a panic horn which indicates the need of instant attention as the condition goes haywire.
Four latching switches interfaced to the PIC microcontroller are used to detect the entering cars
A crystal diode 1N4007 is used in the crystal circuit to get the required baud rate of 9600
We have designed an automated car parking system to detect 4 parking slots .
The buzzer turns on when all the parking slots are detected full .
16X2 display LCD is used