Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mohapatra,R- Endangered Species
Transcript of Mohapatra,R- Endangered Species
* loss of habitat (most important reason)
* high mortality of cheetah cubs Habitat * found in the jungles of northern India
* found in the savanna of northern India
* found in the partially open grasslands of East Africa
* about 200 cheetahs are also located in Iran Scientific Name
Common Name Scientific Name: Acinonyx Jubatus
Common Name: Cheetah Description * tan in color with black spots all over
* grow up to 30 inches to the shoulder
* weigh up to 77 to 143 pounds Fascinating Facts * fastest animal in the world
*royalty in teh 16th century hunted gazelles with trained cheetahs
* other big cats are the cheetah's prey Diet /Role in Ecosystem * eats meat, is carnivore
* wild diet: Thompson's gazelles, impalas, and other medium-sized antelopes
* zoo diet: ground horse meat, and sometimes beef, rabbits, and chicks
* reduce the population of some other animals Cheetah Current conservation funds * captive breeding
* habitat preservation
* educating livestock farmers to prevent cheetahs from preying on their livestock with resorting a rifle
* sharing scientific expertise to learn more about the unique biology of the species Youtube Link