Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Urinary System
Parts of the urinary system
• Urethral cancer
• Urethral stricture
• Urinary incontinence
• Overactive bladder
• Interstitial cystitis .
• Bladder cancer
urinary tract infections.
Superior Vena Cava Syndrome
urinary tract infection
How to take care of your urinary system
urinary tract infections-Sometimes the ureters can become blocked or injured. This can block the flow of urine to the bladder. If urine stands still or backs up the ureter, you may get a urinary tract infections.
Cystitis - inflammation of the bladder, often from an infection
Urinary incontinence - loss of bladder control
Overactive bladder - a condition in which the bladder squeezes urine out at the wrong time
Interstitial cystitis - a chronic problem that causes bladder pain and frequent, urgent urination
Cancer-Kidney cancer becomes more likely as you age. Risk factors include smoking, having certain genetic conditions, and misusing pain medicines for a long time.
Cysts-A cyst is a fluid-filled sac. You may get simple kidney cysts as you age; they are usually harmless.
Stones-A kidney stone is a solid piece of material that forms in the kidney from substances in the urine.
Infections-Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are the second most common type of infection in the body.
what is te urinary system?
The urinary system, also known as the renal system, produces, stores and eliminates urine, the fluid waste excreted by the kidneys. The kidneys make urine by filtering wastes and extra water from blood. Urine travels from the kidneys through two thin tubes called ureters and fills the bladder. When the bladder is full, a person urinates through the urethra to eliminate the waste.
Urethral cancer - a rare cancer that happens more often in men
Urethral stricture - a narrowing of the opening of the urethra
Urethritis - inflammation of the urethra, sometimes caused by infection
Vena cava disrder
Superior vena cava syndrome (SVCS) -is obstruction of blood flow through the superior vena cava (SVC).
More than 9 million doctor visits each year are due to problems with the urinary system, to prevent this there are recommendations that we can use:
1. Don’t wait too long to use the restroom. Withholding urination can put added pressure on your bladder which can lead to infection.
2. Pay close attention to hygiene – avoid harsh soaps and make sure to shower thoroughly after swimming in pools or lakes.
3. Avoid foods that may irritate the bladder. If you have an overactive or sensitive bladder, avoid carbonated and caffeinated drinks and alcoholic drinks.
4. Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water throughout the day in order to keep a normal urinary pattern. This works to remove any waste products in your system.
5. If you suspect something is wrong, talk to your doctor.
6. A high-salt diet can makes you retain water into the urinary system