Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Frog Disection
The color of the Ventral side is beige and pink.
The color of the Dorsal side is brown and spotted.
There are 5 toes on the hind leg sand they are webbed.
There are 4 toes on the fore legs and they are not webbed.
The nictitating membrane is clear and the eyes are pink.
Tympanic membrane is 1 centimeter in diameter.
The skin is slimy.
Fat Bodies are spaghetti shaped structures that have a bright orange or yellow color; if you have a particularly fat frog, these fat bodies may need to be removed to see the other structures. Usually they are located just on the inside of the abdominal wall.
Peritoneum is spider web like membrane that covers many of the organs.
The heart is the largest structure of the the body cavity. This brown colored organ is composed of three parts, or lobes. The right lobe, the left anterior lobe, and the left posterior lobe. The liver is not primarily an organ of digestion, it does secrete a digestive juice called bile. Bile is needed for the proper digestion of fats.
The gall bladder, stores bile.
The largest structure of the the body cavity is the liver. This brown colored organ is composed of three parts, or lobes. The right lobe, the left anterior lobe, and the left posterior lobe. The liver is not primarily an organ of digestion, it does secrete a digestive juice called bile. Bile is needed for the proper digestion of fats.
They are two spongy organs that allow the frog to breath.
The stomach is the first major site of chemical digestion. Frogs swallow their meals whole. Follow the stomach to where it turns into the small intestine. The pyloric sphincter valve regulates the exit of digested food from the stomach to the small intestine.
The first straight portion of the small intestine is called the duodenum, the curled portion is the ileum. The ileum is held together by a membrane called the mesentery. Absorption of digested nutrients occurs in the small intestine.
The large intestine is also known as the cloaca in the frog. The cloaca is the last stop before wastes, sperm, or urine exit the frog's body.
Return to the folds of the mesentery, this dark red spherical object serves as a holding area for blood.
The esophagus is the tube that leads from the frogs mouth to the stomach.
A flattened bean shaped organs located at the lower back of the frog, near the spine. They are often a dark color. The kidneys filter wastes from the blood. Often the top of the kidneys have yellowish stringy fat bodies attached.
Oviducts are where eggs are produced.
An empty sac located at the lowest part of the body cavity. The bladder stores urine.
A part of the urogenital system - urine, sperm and eggs exit here.
Post -Lab Questions
1. The membrane holds the coils of the small intestine together:
2.This organ is found under the liver, it stores bile:
3. Name the 3 lobes of the liver:
right lobe, left anterior lobe, and left posterior lobe
4. The organ that is the first major site of chemical digestion:
5. Eggs, sperm, urine and wastes all empty into this structure:
6. The small intestine leads to the:
7. The esophagus leads to the:
8. Yellowish structures that serve as an energy reserve:
9. The first part of the small intestine(straight part):
10. After food passes through the stomach it enters the:
11. A spiderweb like membrane that covers the organs
12. Regulates the exit of partially digested food from the stomach: P
yloric Sphincter Valve
13. The large intestine leads to the
14. Organ found within the mesentery that stores blood:
15. The largest organ in the body cavity:
Cerebellum- coordination and balance (D)
Cerebrum -response to environement(B)
Olfactory Lobe-sense of smell (A)
Optic Lobe-vision (C)
Medulla Oblongata -connects to spinal cord (E)
Anatomy of Mouth
Post- Lab Questions continued