Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
History of Gaming Control Devices
Transcript of History of Gaming Control Devices
The first controllers were invented in the 1700s but the first patented one was invented in 1947 while the most common modern controller was created in 1972
2) Who invented the product?
Thomas T. Goldsmith Jr. and Estle Ray Mann - the "Knob"
3) List any existing patents
Patents on wearable controllers, virtual controllers that cover the eyes, motion controll
4) what materials were originally
used to make the product?
Plastic, lights, micro-chips, rubber padding and some circuitry.
5_ How was the product originally made
The first controllers were made simply by hand
7) Why were these improvements made?
to better the consumer and therefore sell more product
8) Who uses the product?
Consumers who wish to play video games for entertainment purposes.
9) what is the global impact on society of the invention and subsequent innovations?
Increase in research with technology including computers, wireless transmitting, micro-processing, and ergonomic design.
10) If you had the ability to change this product in any way, what would you change?
We would change it to be more customizable for the player. Questions Gaming control devices use Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering.
-Mechanical Engineering: the physical part of pressing buttons and moving joysticks
-Electrical Engineering: the devices require electrical charge and energy to function
-Computer Engineering: much of the technology in a gaming control device comes from ideas used in computers and other such devices Engineering The most significant change over time in the gaming control device has been the change from connected or wired devices to a console to wireless control devices and motion sensor devices. Changes Invention is and original idea that is thought of and created, whereas an innovation is a derivative of the said invention. There is only one invention for a line of many different innovations. Invention vs.Innovation Impact Video game control devices have changed the way people live and experience entertainment. The development of gaming control devices has made video gaming more accessible in daily life and has contributed to modern life. http://www.google.com/patents/US6684062?dq=gaming+control+device&hl=en&sa=X&ei=BwtbUKWzIJTS9ATy34GwAw&ved=0CC4Q6AEwADgK