Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Gender & Human Rights
Transcript of Gender & Human Rights
What are Human Rights?
Human rights are the basic rights and freedoms to which all humans are entitled
What human rights do we have?
International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR) 1966
Geneva Convention (war) 1949
The Universal Declaration of Human rights (UDHR) 1948
International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR) 1966
The History of Human Rights
Do women need their own rights
Gender and Human Rights
Article 2 of the UDHR
Everyone is entitled to rights
without distinction of any kind such as race, colour, sex...
Convention for the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination
what about other genders?
Case Study 2
Sexual identity, gender expression and human rights:
The Yogyakarta Principles
Case Study 1
Women's Rights in Kenya
rights and 'culture': whose bodies?