Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Imperfect Tense
Transcript of The Imperfect Tense
To conjugate regular-ar verbs in the imperfect tense drop the -ar and replace it with these endings..
Use of imperfect
When telling time and stating one's age
- Eran las 8 de la noche.
It was 8 at night.
Used for actions that set the stage of another action.
-Yo comia comida cuando mi hermana lloro.
I was eating when my little sister cried.
The imperfect tense is used to describe a habitual or repeated past action.
Conjugation of Er and IR verbs in the imperfect tense. drop Er/Ir and add...
The Imperfect Tense By:Ian Scott
Austin J. Davenport
Common Time Expressions
It is also used for habitually repeated actions.
-Los ninos siempre jugaban a lado de la escuela.
The children always played next to the school.
Irregular verbs in the Imperfect tense
Ser Ir Ver
To conjugate regular -ar verbs in the preterite, simply drop the ending (-ar) and add one of the following:
To conjugate regular -er and -ir verbs in the preterite, simply drop the ending (-er or -ir) and add one of the following: