Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Cancer
-Cells reproduce uncontrollably
-7.6-8 million deaths per year
-Cells DNA and RNA There are over 200 types of cancer.
Here are some....
•Breast cancer – cancer of the breast
•Kidney cancer – cancer of the kidney
•Melanoma - a type of skin cancer
•Skin cancer – cancer of the skin
•Spine cancer - cancer of the spine
•Stomach cancer - cancer of the stomach
•Lung cancer – cancer of the lungs
•Pancreatic cancer – cancer of the pancreas
•Esophageal cancer – cancer of the esophagus
•Bone cancer – cancer of the bone
•Leukemia – cancer of the blood
•Lymphoma – cancer of the blood
•Heart cancer – cancer of the heart
•Liver cancer – cancer of the liver what are some different types of cancer? What are Cells? What are some treatments for cancer? Benign – harmless and not cancerous
Malignant – dangerous and harmful
Abnormal – not normal
Cancerous – can form cancer
Cancer – The disease caused by an uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in a part of the body or a malignant growth or tumor resulting from such a division of cells. By McKenna Tydings How can cancer affect you? Cancer affects you through cells in body.
- Normal cells - grow, divide, and know when to stop
- Cancer cells – keep growing in your body without stopping Credits http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=5&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=16&gs_id=21&xhr=t&q=what+is+cancer+for+kids&es_nrs=true&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=what+is+cancer+f&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43148975,d.eWU&fp=f61f2006d493ef38&biw=1366&bih=667
Just the Facts Cancer by Oliver Gillie
http://www.google.com/search?q=definition+of++cancer&aq=f&oq=definition+of++cancer&aqs=chrome.0.57j0j5j0.20744&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&surl=1&safe=active RNA DNA Cells Cancer Cells Diagram of a cell Radiation symbol Chemotherapy symbol Malignant is bad because it’s
Dangerous and harmful
CAN spread Why is malignant bad? Benign is okay because it's...
Benign tumors can take up space, which can cause problems. Why is Benign Okay? Cells – small living things
-Make up living things: humans, animals, plants
-Six types of cells: bone cells, muscle cells, nerve cells, red blood cells, white cells, and plant cells
-Over 75 trillion cells Radiation and chemotherapy – treatments for cancer
Radiation kills lots of cells
Chemotherapy is a drug to treat a disease