Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of SBG
To provide a consistent framework for student growth and success
We have a disconnect between grades and what students really know
We need to identify critically essential standards in our courses and revolve our assessments and teaching around those
Our gradebooks are difficult to interpret
Standards Based Grading...
Helps you identify your "power standards"
Calls you to design all instruction and assessments around your power standards
Teaches students how to self-advocate responsibly based on their learning needs
Let's Fix It!
Where do I start?
1. Identify your power standards for each course
2. Create Power Standard Rubrics for each one using our standard template
3. Build your lessons and assessments around your power standards
4. Design your gradebook to reflect your standards and the chance for students to have continual growth in their learning
5. Help teach our students how to professionally request additional chances to increase their grade
What they need to learn
Where they are in the learning process
How and what to study and re-assess
We can do this together!
During final exam days
Summer work sessions