Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Swimming with the Current
Transcript of Swimming with the Current
(1) To create a student-centered learning environment, a teacher will: set up the physical classroom for many types of learning and learners; know how the many roles of teacher apply to the learning experiences teachers create; and build relationships that promote a safe and positive environment in which students are responsible, collaborative, self-motivating, and self-evaluating. High Tech High Institute I really need to change the way I teach I really need to change the way I grade Internet Standards-based Grading Inquiry/Project-based READ Does any of this ever seem to clash with your personal/professional standards? What if it didn't clash? Blogs Books dy/dan
Think Thank Thunk
Continuous Everywhere but Differentiable Nowhere
Study of Change Ethics of Excellence – Ron Berger
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition - Wiggins/Tighe
The Understanding by Design Professional Development Workbook Tighe
Designing and Teaching Learning Goals and Objectives: Classroom Strategies That Work - Robert J. Marzano
Formative Assessment and Standards-Based Grading: Classroom Strategies That Work - Robert J. Marzano
The Highly Engaged Classroom (Classroom Strategies) - Robert Marzano, et al
A Repair Kit for Grading: Fifteen Fixes for Broken Grades - Ken O'Connor
Fair Isn't Always Equal - Rick Wormeli
The Power of Protocols, An Educator’s Guide to Better Practice
The Homework Myth
Rethinking Homework How I will change my classroom I will lecture less A lot less: I will assess more As much as they need it to get it right Me b) Plan and Teach for Student Learning
(1) To plan and teach for student learning a teacher will: set learning goals and plan assessment in alignment with the Program of Studies and the Standards of Learning; purposefully plan to adjust teaching practice to meet the needs of individual students; employ teaching strategies, techniques, and resources that meet the needs of all students; and be responsive to the variety of ways students demonstrate thinking and learning – engagement! c) Assess Student Learning
(1) To assess student learning, a teacher will: a teacher will: adapt teaching, based on evidence, to meet the needs of the student; check student progress in meeting standards; actively involve students in assessment to promote continuous learning; and inform students, parents, and others about student achievement – checking for understanding! Pressures and directives teachers receive From the Public Are we swimming against the current? You What can you do? View this prezi again http://prezi.com/bcnm9xdyyibe/swimming-with-the-current/ Read my blog http://studyofchange.wordpress.com/ Follow me on Twitter @rhlyon email me firstname.lastname@example.org Think about one of your unit tests How much effort do you put into: Designing it Formatting it Protecting it from students Determining its length Making multiple versions to mitigate cheating Grading it Putting it in your gradebook Working with students on what they missed and giving them another chance