Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Types of Government
Transcript of Types of Government
and Economic Systems
- Rule by a single leader or group
- Leader(s) have not been elected
- Leader(s) have absolute power and authority
Types of Government
-Decisions are made based on
the individual's vote on the matter.
-Difficult with large populations
- Ex: New England Town Hall meetings
- Individuals have majority vote on those who represent them in a law making body.
- Easier than direct democracy in larger populations
- Monarch makes ALL decisions.
- Acts as Head of State and Head of Government
- Monarch acts as Head of State Only (Ceremonial)
-Ex: Spain, Sweden, Great Britain
Power is given based on birthright. Power is kept until end of Monarchy, death or abdication.
What is the difference between Head of State and Head of Government? What is the President of the United States?
Power is held by an individual
- Power held by a small group
Similarities and Differences??
- Extreme form or authoritarianism
Holds Total Power
- Seeks control over public and private life
- Ex: Economy, education, science, private life, etc.
Type of rule usually imposed by dictators in which the Government's control extends to almost all aspects of people's lives.
Ex: Stalin's Five Year plan
- a constitution based
- a central government
with a number of s
mall local governments
- a country that has
of the country is an
authority rests with the people
, either directly or indirectly
The absence of government
How sustainable is this type of government?
- Government owns all businesses
- Rich people are wicked and selfish.
- Factories and other property should be owned by the state.
- A government involved in every aspect of life.
- At elections, people should only be allowed to choose who they are told to.
- The Press should never criticize government.
- Religious belief not important.
- People own their own businesses
- People should be free to make as much money as they can.
- Factories and companies should be owned by individuals and companies.
- Government should not interfere in citizens lives.
- The Press should be able to criticize government.
The government should not interfere in religion.