Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hollow Blocks Slab
Transcript of Hollow Blocks Slab
2. Getting shear forces and Moment.
3. Moment reinforcement design
4. Shear Resistance Reinforcement.
5. Topping Reinforcement.
6. Deflection. Case Study Cost & Analysis * Plan
* Solid Dimensions and blocks Arrangement
* Rib Design
* Topping Slab
* Cantilever (Solid Slab)
* Solid Part The Hollow Block Slab System: Reduce the quantity of the reinforcement in a major amount.
Gave flexibility in construction due to the beams for not using.
Minimize the carpentering and the steel fixing work when compared with to regular slabs.
Reduce the time of setting and removing the forms.
The lightweight of the hollow block slab give it ability to carry an imposed load higher than the regular.
Practically for the usage for large areas
Very good at thermal insulation Disadvantages The Advantages Of The Hollow Block Slabs: The Disadvantages Of The Hollow Block Slabs: Very weak in highly concentrated loads, such as cars parking, water tanks with large capacity
Vibrations might lead to detachment of the filling material that surrounds concrete.
It should take in consideration to put the isolation material at the final slab. Ali Adham Nasr aldeen & Design Concepts Case Study THANK
YOU Design Procedure Hollow blocks slab proportions: Proportions for ribbed slabs without permanent blocks are set out in BS 8110 section 3.6 of the code. The main requirements are as follows.
1. The centers of ribs should not exceed 1.5 m.
2. The depth of ribs excluding topping should not exceed four times their average width.
3. The minimum rib width should be determined by consideration of cover, bar
spacing and fire resistance. Referring to Fig. 3.2 in the code, the minimum rib width is 125 mm.
4. The thickness of structural topping or flange should not be less than 50 mm or one tenth of the clear distance between ribs (Table 3.17in the code). Alrowad Residential Complex (Lamab)