Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Karl Marx
England: agriculture to steam factory
Workers lived in slums- 18 hour days
No laws against child labour
Marx believed the capitalist system was immoral
Capitalism as an economic system would destroy itself Revolution Karl Marx said : Marx believed that privately owned things would cause problems and what workers earned should benefit everyone: "if everyone is working to his or her own ability then there is no need for private ownership because everyone is equal". Two Economic Classes : 1. Proletariat- Working/lower class people. They do not own land.
2. Bourgeoisie- The middle or upper class. The capitalist class who own most of society's wealth and means of production. Published Works Das Kapital Beliefs Marx stated that it was the “opium of the people”, and just diverted attention from the world’s injustices. In the capitalist world the proletariat will always be exploited by the bourgeoisie. Proletarians were used for cheap labour, and the Bourgeoisie would make a profit on the Surplus value of the products they produced.
Surplus Value is the difference between the price of a product and the exchange value The capitalist world Marx believed that the proletariat would eventually get tired of being exploited
A revolution would break out and the proletariat would overthrow the bourgeoisie
The new proletariat run state would be entirely communist “From each according to his ability, to each according to his need” “The theory of communism may be summed up in one sentence. Abolish all private property.” In 1867, Marx published a book named Das Kapital. It was based on many of his theories of the Labour Theory of Value. It states that a commodity or a product is worth the amount of time it takes to be made by someone. Communist Manifesto In 1848, Marx and Friedrich Engels published a book. Religion Marx wanted: free public education, no more child labour, and progressive income tax. He believed the resources and land belonged to everybody. Goal According to Marx and his theories, the bourgeoisie will take any means necessary to oppress the proletariat and remain in control. "Private ownership is the cause of all the economic, social and class problems" - Marx Before complete equality could take place there must be a dominance of the proletariat.
As wealth became more concentrated in the hands of a few capitalists, the ranks of an increasingly dissatisfied proletariat would swell, leading to bloody revolution and eventually a classless society. Definition What is Marxism? The system of socialism of which the dominant
feature is public ownership of the means of
production, distribution of wealth and exchange. Revolution Private ownership also divides people into groups and as stated in Marx's theories this would eventually lead to a class struggle and repeat history. Their goal was to inspire a social revolution. Marx was born in 1818 in Germany
Bonn University, studying philosophy
Editor of small liberal newspaper
Got in trouble right off the bat
Fled from Germany 1. Materialism 2. Class struggle The End! By: Maria, Michelle, Monisha The engine that drives society is the economy. The social classes are competing for control over the state and the mode of production