Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Buddhism
Demonstrating and Declaring the Gospel to Buddhists
Discipling New Converts from Buddhism
Key Issues to be Aware of Regarding Discipleship
~2500 years ago (~563 BC) Siddhartha was born.
Enlightenment under Bo tree
"new birth", "rebirth", "regeneration", "born again"
complicated due to reincarnation
don't reduce Christian truth to a form of Buddhism
Buddhism is accommodating
relationships are seen as permanent
Complication with Culture
becoming a Christian is not only a conversion of faith but also a conversion of culture
it's becoming less rather than more, alienating yourself from family, nation, and culture
long process, not done in a short time
not isolated individuals but members of whole networks
needs of the group outweigh the needs of the individual
"...rather be in Hell with family, than in heaven without them."
Barriers & Bridges
The Four Noble Truths
1. Life is full of suffering (dukkha)
2. Suffering is caused by craving (samudaya)
3. Suffering will cease only when craving ceases (nirodha)
4. This can be achieved by following the Noble Eightfold Path.
The Eightfold Path
1. Right Views
2. Right Aspiration
3. Right Speech
4. Right Conduct
5. Right Livelihood
6. Right Effort
7. Right Mindfulness
8. Right Contemplation
Our Own Weaknesses
the Truth Progressively
1. Jesus as Miracle-Worker
2. Jesus as Teacher of Morality
3. Jesus and His Admirable Character
4. Jesus as Teacher Regarding the Living God
5. Jesus as Creator
6. Jesus as Judge
7. Jesus as Savior
Letting go of unbiblical beliefs
Establishing relationships with other followers of Christ
Establish one's unique identity in Christ
Finding Peace in Christ's Gift of Salvation
Reaching out to family and friends who are not believers
Teachings of the Compassionate Buddha
The Great Religions by Which Men Live
What the Great Religions Believe
The Complete Evangelism Guidebook
The Master Plan of Evangelism
Sharing Jesus with Buddhists (https://www.ministrymagazine.org/archive/2012/06/sharing-jesus-with-buddhists