Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Make your likes visible on Facebook?

Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.

No, thanks

“DIFFICULTIES ENCOUNTERED BY HRM STUDENTS OF WESLEYAN UNIVER

No description
by

Phoebe Pauline Padolina

on 11 October 2014

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of “DIFFICULTIES ENCOUNTERED BY HRM STUDENTS OF WESLEYAN UNIVER

STATEMENT OF
THE PROBLEM

What are the possible ways on how the students cope up with the difficulties they encountered during OJT at Boracay and Baguio City?
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS
2. Common Problems or difficulties encountered by the Hotel and Restaurant Management students of Wesleyan University-Philippines during their local On the Job Training at Baguio City and Boracay.
Specifically it sought to answer the following sub – problems:

What is the demographic profile of the respondents in terms of the following variables:

1.1 Age
1.2 Gender
1.3 Civil Status
1.4 Nature of work
1.5 Type of industry

“DIFFICULTIES ENCOUNTERED BY HRM STUDENTS OF WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY-PHILIPPINES DURING THEIR ON-THE-JOB TRAINING: BAGUIO CITY AND BORACAY”
GENDER.
Majority of the respondents were female gathering 56 or 56% and the remaining Male with 44 or 44%.

STATUS.
All of the respondents were Single gathering 100%.
NATURE OF WORK.

Majority of the student trained during their On the Job Training (OJT) as Food and Beverage Attendant with 60 or 60% and the remaining belongs as Housekeeper with 40 or 40%.

TYPE OF INDUSTRY.

Majority of the students undergone their On the Job Training (OJT) at Hotel with 78 or 78% and the remaining belongs to Restaurant or service industry with 22 or 22%.
The following difficulties/ problem were described in to 5 different aspects namely:
Emotional aspect
which met the highest mean among other aspect with a total weighted mean of 3.02 with a verbal interpretation of agrees.
Environmental aspect
met the second highest mean
with a total weighted mean of 2.76
and a verbal interpretation of agree.
Social Aspect
met a total weighted mean of 2.52 and a verbal interpretation of agree.
Physical aspect
met the lowest weighted mean
of 2.41 with a verbal interpretation of disagree.


Psychological aspect
met the total weighted mean
of 2.67 and a verbal interpretation
of agree.
3. Solution offered to minimize or lessen the difficulties encountered by the Hotel and Restaurant Management students of Wesleyan University-Philippines during On the Job Training.
Majority of the Hotel and
Restaurant Management Students
indicated that they
"highly recommended"
the items on the possible ways/ Solution offered to minimize or lessen the problems encountered by HRM Students revealing an
overall weighted mean of 3.59.
CONCLUSION
On the basis of findings, the following conclusions are drawn:
Trainees have come across difficulties on the duration of their training, time conflicts when dealing with the Training Schedule and having a hard time traveling, which affects their image in the establishment;
Minor issues of students like feeling uncomfortable with their staff house is one basis on how productive they can be during the training, it really affects their performance and their way of living at the whole training period.
Another is, regarding to workplace, trainees encountered difficulties on showing and performing their skills and some are lack of self-confidence, and also some student’s trainee experienced hard time working with their colleagues.
And some working institution are unwilling to allow trainees to gain experience in all section of the department during the practicum is quoted as another issue.
Another minor issue was, the student trainee misses his/her family and friend during the training which really affects their working performance through the training period.
RECOMMENDATION
On the basis of the findings and conclusions, the following recommendations are offered:
1. Trainees must develop a good self-confidence and must develop a good companionship with other people or even trainees around them.
2. Trainees must create a well-balanced time management for the improvement of himself.
3. Trainees must show professionalism at all times. Trainees must be prepared and ready for any circumstances that may arrive.
4. Formal orientation to trainees must be conducted before they start working with the establishment.
5. Trainees must learn how to work under pressure and can work at different aspect of the establishment.
6. Early identification of the possible problem that may be encountered by the trainees.
7. College coordinator/College Department should have a clear communication with the establishment and should visit students when they are currently on duty.
8. Establishment must provide employee a conducive staff house, where the trainees and employee can rest from the training.
9. Establishment must provide a Shuttle/ service for the convenience of the both student’s trainee and employee especially when the area of the establishment is far from the city and has a few modes of transportation.
10. Students must a lot time for any travel conflicts that they might encounter any day during the training period.
11. Students must be independent and well trained from school, also he/she must have a prompt attitude and courteous manner.
The main purpose of the study is to determine the difficulties encountered by the student of Hotel Restaurant and Institution Management of Wesleyan University- Philippines during their local On the Job Training at Baguio city and Boracay.
AGE.

Majority of the respondents were 19 years old gathering a 51 or 51%, next is 20 years old with 40 or 40%, followed by 18 years old with 5 or 5% lastly, 21 years old with 4 or 4%.
1. The Socio-Demographic Profile of the 4th year HRM Students
2. How does the respondent determine their difficulties encountered during their OJT in terms of the following aspect:
2.1 Emotional aspect
2.2 Environmental aspect
2.3 Social aspect
2.4 Physical aspect
2.5 Psychological aspect
Full transcript