Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Event Plan
To educating CALS students on current agricultural issues
To educate students on how important local commodities are to the community's economic growth and sustainability Logistics Emerson Alumni Hall
Fresh from Florida
This venue helps to establish a positive atmosphere and a classier appeal to the topic of defining locally grown foods.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) will promote the theme in partnership with the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences and Alpha Tau Alpha. Project Management Event Manager (1) Overall manager and organizer Registration Committee (4) Compile contact information for invites
Print and send out invitations, ect. Branding Committee (2) With the use of Fresh From Florida branding, design flyers and invitations, ect. Food/Entertainment Committee (3) : Contact caterer about food, drinks, plates, napkins and utensils
Compile seating chart, ect. Student Volunteers (10) CALS Ambassadors to assist with on-site registration and set up Food and Entertainment Catered by Gator's Dockside - spicy chicken dip with tortilla chips
- entrée choice of pulled pork sandwiches or BBQ ribs,
- sides of sea breeze salad, macaroni and cheese
- cobbler assortment desserts. In the RSVP request, guests will be asked to choose their entrée, dessert, and drink prior to the event 10% more food will be ordered than RSVPs Entertainment - slideshow showcasing locally grown Florida commodities
- pre-recorded speech from Commissioner of Agriculture Adam Putnam,
- trivia on locally grown products
- expert panel of speakers
- Dr. Ricky Telg will moderate the program, trivia, and the debate Budget Itinerary 5:30 p.m. Doors open to guests allowing them to mingle and visit the Fresh From Florida display.
6:00 p.m. Welcome and introduction – Dr. Ricky Telg
6:15 p.m. Meal served by CALS ambassador team
7:00 p.m. Introduction of guest speaker panel followed by a special video welcome from Commissioner of
7:05 p.m. Guest speakers address the issue of defining what is locally grown
7:20 p.m. Trivia on locally grown Florida commodities – moderated by Dr. Telg
7:28 p.m. Guest speakers take questions from the audience – moderated by Dr. Telg
7:50 p.m. Wrap-up debate and thank guest panel
7:55 p.m. Closing remarks from Dr. Telg
8:00 p.m. Dismissal of guests Agriculture Adam Putnam. Communications Registration Invitations sent by mail
Create Facebook event
Registration though Eventbright online
Additional on-site registration
Printed list of preregistered guest with meal tickets and name tags Sponsorships Our goal is to acquire $1000 in sponsorships which will make up one fourth of the budget Potential Sponsors - Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Division of Plant Industry
- Florida Farm Bureau
- Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity
- Agriculture Institute of Florida Summary For this year’s Alpha Tau Alpha Agricultural Issues Forum we plan on partnering with The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) to define what is locally grown and how important it is to Florida’s agriculture industry. Fresh from Florida will be the face of the event. The event invitation will serve as the primary source of communication. CALS students will receive this invite via mail and will also receive an email with information about the event and a link to the Eventbrite website for online registration.