Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Shoe Self Portraits
Transcript of Shoe Self Portraits
What is a self portrait?
Why do artist make them?
Have you ever seen a self portrait like this one?
What clues do you see that
tell you something about this artist?
When do you think
this picture was painted?
This man's name is Andrew Wyeth.
Facts about Andrew Wyeth
Born in 1917
Grew up in Pennsylvania
Father was an artist, and gave him art lessons.
Inspired by movies
Died in 2009 in his sleep, at the age of 91
One of Andrew's most famous paintings, Christina's World.
About Trodden Weed
"If you're going to live a deep life rather than a shallow one, you have to embrace your roots. Wyeth was trained by his father, the great illustrator N.C. Wyeth, and when he came to paint his oblique 1951 self-portrait, "Trodden Weed," he portrayed himself walking the land of his forebears wearing boots that once belonged to his father's teacher, Howard Pyle. We all inhabit the past. We live among ghosts. And now Andrew Wyeth, who knew this better than anyone, is himself history."
-Edger Allen Beem, from an article lamenting the death of the famous painter.
1. Set up shoes to draw.
2. Sketch lightly in pencil. Expect to erase often.
3. Trace in Skinny Markers.
4. Color in with crayons. Make sure you color waxy. Don't forget you can mix colors!
By the End of ClassToday:
I have sketched my shoes in pencil.
My Name Grade and Group is one the back.