Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Multi-Store Model of Memory
Transcript of Multi-Store Model of Memory
The Multi-store model of memory has 3 stores and 4 processes
Short Term Memory (STM)
Long Term Memory (LTM)
Large capacity, brief duration, multi-modal or non-encoded store for holding data from the sensory systems
Small capacity, relatively brief duration primarily acoustically encoded store of perceptions.
large capacity, relatively long duration semantically encoded store of concepts.
Sperling (1960) used a cued recall experiment to show that iconic sense memory has a very brief duration - 250-500 milliseconds.
It also supports the idea that sense memory is rich in detail and therefore of a large capacity.