Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Logistics Management
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
Dankers Furniture Ltd
We are the Operations Management team for the cabinet division of Dankers Furniture Ltd. Our research involves the logistics and distribution of this division.
Overview of the Organisation
Warehouses and contracted distributors located in:
Main warehouse is located in Dublin.
Analysis of the Effectiveness of the Approach Adopted by Management
The Perfect Order:
Delivery on Time
A Completed Shipment
Reverse Logistics System
Order & Collection System
Customer Service Line
Description of Main Issues Raised in the Case from the Point of View of Logistics Management
Description of the Approach Management Adopted to Address the Issues Raised in the Case
Recommendations - Long Term
Customer orders are compiled in the finished good warehouses.
Relevant distributors then collect the orders and transport them to their regional warehouses.
Orders are then stored until delivery.
- Part of logistics strategy outsourced to basic service providers for collection, warehousing and distribution.
- Cross docking and break bulk warehousing.
Material Handling and Packaging
- Orders are packaged and pallet-wrapped in the Dublin warehouse.
- Fast transportation mode so low inventory levels, try to match large incoming shipments with smaller outgoing deliveries.
Logistics Information Systems
- Paper based delivery note and invoicing system.
Defects in operating documentation leading to potential damages.
Administration failures leading to consumer dissatisfaction.
Contracted distributors unwillingness to provide for individual customer demands.
Recommendations - Short Term
Service Provider Performance Management System
Range of Targets:
Spot Checks on Material Handling & Storage
Outsourcing Vs. Owning:
Hub and Spoke Framework:
Material handling and packaging
Minimum stock level
Safety stock level
The perfect order method of measuring logistics performance:
Current Effectiveness ctnd.
Products are distributed at a low cost
Weighted Center of Gravity Method
Are Dankers' distribution centers placed as strategically as first thought?
This could limit their ability to become efficient.