Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Roman Art 500 B.C- 476 A.D
Transcript of Roman Art 500 B.C- 476 A.D
Art in this period was heavily influenced by the Greeks
Romans sought out originals or replicates of original Greek work
Sculptures of people showed all the imperfections of the face, unlike Greek work
They served as records of the persons existence, not statements about the human condition
Examples of Portraiture
Artists were viewed more as tradesmen and often didn't sign their work
Some of the most lasting achievements of the Roman empire are in architecture
Arches and columns
Julius Caesar assassinated (44 BC)
Augustus Proclaimed emperor (27 BC)
Eruption of Mt. Vesuvius (79 AD)
Diocletian splits empire (292 AD)
Rome Falls (476 AD)
Portrait Bust of Bearded Man, 150-75 A.D Roman-Egyptian Funeral Portrait Portrait bust of man 1st century B.C
Augustus of Prima Porta, 1st century A.D