Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Decimals.
When you have less than a whole, you have change...and change is always written in decimal form.
It's all about Place Value
Let's see how it works...
Decimals are a part of a whole.
Everyday life involves more than just whole numbers. When you have a part of a whole it is called a
Decimals are just one way of talking about a fraction of a whole (a part of a whole)...and they are a
lot easier to count than fractions!
You already know how to write money values in decimal form. You can think about the place value of decimals the same way.
What are Decimals and why do we need them?
Think of some things you may need decimals for
Brainstorm with a partner...
1. Grocery Store
Dollars, are "wholes", so they go BEFORE the decimal $1.00
You can say it as, "One dollar, and NO extra."
If it was a percent...it would be 100%
For more help go to www.mathisfun.com/decimals.html