Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of conceptual art
The Base of the World
A Leap Into the Void
owen woityra, 1st hr
Idea is more important than product.
Thought created before execution.
Uses a variety of media - there are no rules.
Writing, sculptures, performance, object, drawings - anything.
Mid 1960s - Mid 1970s
Another new, 'cutting-edge', avant garde-style movement, similar to Cubism, Dada, Expressionism, etc.
Arose across various continents
Conceptual art still continues to be made
Call attention to political or social issues
Test the boundaries of what art really is.
One and Three Chairs (1965)
Same concept in different forms.
Artist presents entire world as his art piece.
Simple base, upside-down.
Stated that the artists only needed to represent himself continuously.
Combined different photogrpahs.
Later presented empty room.