Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
City of Arts and Sciences
Transcript of City of Arts and Sciences
These buildings are the City of Arts And Sciences
and are located in Valencia, Spain.
This City is composed by six amazing buildings.
The buildings were designed by Santiago Calatrava.
The Science Museum
of Principe Felipe.
The Arts Palace of Reina Sofia.
- The buildings have been designed by be the center of Valencia,
being half cultural and half tourist.
- It is the most important modern tourist destination in the city of Valencia.
- The materials used for construction of these buildings are: metal, concrete, crystal, glass, cement, granite, steel, ceramics...
Shapes that can be found in these buildings are:
In L´Hemisfèric we can found a big semi oval and inside
the building there is a semi sphere.
In L´Oceanogràfic the windowns have rectangular shape.
In the Science Museum of Principe Felipe we can found triangles
that they are composed by the columns of the museum.
In the The Arts Palace of Reina Sofia, in the outside walls
there is a hollow in the center with rhombus shape.
L´Àgora hasn´t got many shapes, but it has big arcs
and its base is an oval.
The top of the L´Umbracle has a lots of arcs and
the lines that join it has rectangular shape.
- Outside of the city there are a lots of plants and around of the buildings there are fountains.
- The colors that stand out are blue and white.
The City of Arts and Sciences is situated at the end of the former riverbed of the river Turia, which was drained and rerouted after a catastrophic flood in 1957. The old riverbed was turned into a picturesque sunken park.
The architect of the buildings surrounded the buildings with fountains in order to create diverses forms when they were reflected in the water.
L´Hemisfèric is an eye.
The Science Museum of Principe Felipe has form of human ribs.