Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Hitler and Degenerate Art and Music
Transcript of Hitler and Degenerate Art and Music
Hitler and WWII Beethoven: Hitler's favorite composer
Strength is in the morality of the man who stands out from the rest. Station #1
Third Reich Music Ride of the Valkyrie
Does this sound familiar to you? Richard Wagner Station #2
Degenerate Music A list of al Jewish and degenerate musicians
- American Jazz was the inspiration, the roaring 20's was great in Germany as well. Called Reichsmusikkammer
Registry Degenerate Musicians Schoenberg
Weintraub Syncopators What made music good
the Third Reich? Strong Classical Pieces
Not being Jewish
Very formulated Sound What made music
degenerate? Anything to do with Jewish
or black people.
An unusual beat
Modern Style Hitler's Art and Background Born in Austria
Wanted to be an artist
Dad said no sent him to tech school Academy of Fine Arts Failed his first year
Eventually ended up in Vienna
Applied to art school REJECTED Jewish men were admitted
Lived in a men's house
Created postcards to earn money His hatred grew of middle
and upper class, Jews Semi good at landscape and architecture
Terrible at people
The main reason he was rejected His art work Station #4 Aryan Art Art was the best way to purify a culture The True Art Linked country life with health and the master race.
It was peaceful
It portrayed a country trying to survive
Volk- Folk Art- scenes of German country side. Aspects of Ayran Art Third Reich Approved Art Rembrandt
Manet Josef Thorak
- Offical sculpter for the Third Reich Hitler's favorite Von Stuck Werner Peiner Heinrich Berran Rudolf Von Alt compared to Hitler Expressionism- born in Germany Station #5 Degenerate Art They showed the world as they saw it
Suffering of man kind
Ugliness Artisits after WWI Otto Dix Erich Hechel Max Ernest Emil Nolde These artists could not see color correctly
They were inferior and not worthy to look at
Destroyed thousands of pieces of art Hitler's Views This exhibit showed Third Reich Art
Also a special Degenerate Art Created: Entartete Kunst It was used to show how inferior it was
Hung without frames, bunched together, graffiti
Showed why it and people were degenerate The Degenerate Part Justified his abuse of people