Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
Step 1 continued: How will keeping a Journal benefit others?
Writing in your journal:
"This will make a valuable legacy to our children and a great benefit to future generations by giving them a true history of the rise and progress of the Church and kingdom of God upon the earth in this last dispensation, instead of leaving it to our enemies to write a false history of the true Church of Christ" -Wilford Woodruff
Step 2: Learning from the scriptures
1. What do we learn from 1 Nephi 1:1-3
2. How does journal-keeping help others (Alma 37:8-9)
3. What have we been asked to do as disciples? (Moses 6: 5, 45-46) (3 Nephi 23: 6-13)
Step 4: Starting your own Journal
1. What to write about (1 Nephi 6:3-6)
"Write about anything that is worth preserving, or the best you have; and if you begin this while you are young, it will be quite easy for you when you become men and women" -Wilford Woodruff
2. How often?
Step 1: Recognize Importance of Journals
-If not for the journals of Wilford Woodruff, Brigham Young, and other church members, we would not know as much as we know about church history.
-If Joseph Smith did not write down his story of the first vision...we would not know it
-The Bible and The Book of Mormon are compilations of personal journals
Journal Keeping for Our Family
"How pleasing it would be to you, and to your children, thirty, fifty, or eighty years hence, to sit down and read what took place around you in your childhood and youth! Would you not like to read what took place with our fathers, and mothers, and grand parents, while they were young and during their lives? "
Henry B. Eyring