Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Plot Analysis of "To Build a Fire"
Transcript of Plot Analysis of "To Build a Fire"
The man's second fire is put out by a
load of snow from the tree he built
the fire too close to. He struggles to
relight the fire but is unable to.
To Build a Fire
Protagonist-A newcomer to the Yukon Trail
When the man nears death, he
has a vision of himself telling the
Old-Timer whose advice he ignored
that his advice was indeed correct.
Antagonist-Nature + Man's arrogance
Setting- Winter, 9 o'clock in the morning
Yukon Territory,1890s, -75 degrees
Internal Conflict- fighting his own foolishness
for not following advice
External Conflict- Nature
The man's acceptance of death when
he realizes that there will be no fire
and no salvation.
The man's journey
on the Yukon Trail.