Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
how we come to realize that the earth is not the center of t
Transcript of how we come to realize that the earth is not the center of t
Explain what the Greeks considered to be the three types of terrestrial motion.
Explain what is meant by diurnal motion, annual motion and precession of the equinoxes.
3 types of
motion with respect to quality
motion with respect to quantity
motion with respect to place
is an astronomical term referring to the apparent daily motion of stars around the Earth, or more precisely around the two celestial poles.
The Obliquity of the Ecliptic
Constellations of the Zodiac
Length of the day
Annual Motions reflect the Earth's orbit around the Sun:
precession of the equinoxes
The equinoxes moved westward along the ecliptic relative to the fixed stars, opposite to the yearly motion of the Sun along the ecliptic.