Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Sound Patterns
"front rhyme" alliteration consonance A "vowel rhyme"; Words have the same vowel sound but different end consonants, and they are close to each other in line. assonance repetition Words which imitate sounds; they contribute to the imagery of the poem. onomatopoeia Echoing of the same sound in poetry;
may be similar or exact rhyme repetition "Tattoos on This Town" Repeat of a sound, syllable, word, phrase, line, stanza, or metrical pattern I wanna talk about me
Wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my me my The Block Eyed Peas “I got that boom, boom, boom
That future boom, boom, boom” Jason Aldean Some things that fly there be-
Some things that stay there be
Of these no Elegy Purpose:
- to please the ear
-draw attention to words in a line Purpose:
-long vowels = serious mood
-higher vowels = lighter mood Purpose:
- unify a poem
- provide emphasis Purpose:
-contribute to the imagery and effect of a poem "Girl you make my speakers go boom boom..." Luke Bryan Includes end rhyme, beginning rhyme, slant rhyme, etc. Also includes assonance, consonance, and alliteration. Purpose:
-unify a poem "She, she ain't real,
She ain't gonna be able to
love you like I will.
She is a stranger
You and I have history or
don't you remember" Adele The repetition of the same
consonant sound at the middle or end of a word consonance Purpose:
- please the ear Toby Keith "Whisper Words of Wisdom" The Beatles Emily Dickinson Curse, bless me now!
With fierce tears I prey.