Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Education for Peace: List of Knowledge Areas, Skills and Att
Transcript of Copy of Education for Peace: List of Knowledge Areas, Skills and Att
1. Holistic Concept of Peace
-peace is not just the absence of violence but also the presence of conditions of well-being.
-having sense of own worth and pride in their own society, cultural and family upbringing.
- some of the skills that need to be develop are:
-ability to express ideas.
- ability to analyze conflict in an objective and systematic way.
Subject: GED 411
- use of reflective thing or reasoning
Critical Thinking and Analysis
-ability to approach issues with an open but critical mind
Education for Peace: List of Knowledge Areas, Skills and Attitude/Values
2. Conflict and Violence
-conflicts become problems of violence depending on the methods of conflict resolution used.
3. Some Peaceful ALternatives
c. Conflict Resolution, Transformation and Prevention
d. Human Rights
e. Human Solidarity
f. Development Based on Justice
h. Sustainable Development
Respect for Others
-having sense of the worth and inherent dignity of other people
-valuing rights of women and to be free from abuse, exploitation, violence and discrimination.
Respect for Life/Nonviolence
-valuing human life.
-sensitivity to the difficult conditions and suffering of other people
-caring for the whole humanity.
-caring for the natural environment, preference for sustainable living and lifestyle.
-valuing cooperative process.
-openness to the processes of growth and changes in the society.
- acting with a sense of fairness toward others.
-willingness to take action to contribute in shaping a good and sustainable society.
-dreaming a better dream then work hard to make it real.
-ability to prepare a plan for implementation of the decision
-creating and imagining new paradigms and new preferred ways of living and relating.
-the ability to see the perspective of another person or group and to feel what they feel.
8. Group Building
-working cooperatively with one another in order to achieve a common goal.