Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Shades of Meaning Day 2
Transcript of Shades of Meaning Day 2
Writers and speakers carefully choose words to tell exactly what they think or feel.
They must often choose from words close in meaning.
A dictionary or thesaurus will help you find the exact word you're looking for.
Does word choice affect meaning?
Discuss with your partner whether or not word choice affects the meaning.
Word choice does affect the meaning because....
Word choice doesn't affect the meaning because...
Use the following words: thrilled, pleased, excited
Maddie felt ________ about seeing a deer.
Each person should write a sentence using a different word. Then, discuss how each word choice changes the meaning.
With your partner, write a sentence and share it with each other.
Today I will be able to distinguish shades of meaning among related words.
(content, pleased, happy)
I am _______ because I saw some rabbits.