Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Turkey's Citizen Participation
Transcript of Turkey's Citizen Participation
Turkey is a constitutional republic with a multiparty parliament.
Distribution of Power
"Turkey." CultureGrams Online Edition. ProQuest, 2014. Web. 15 Sep 2014.
The president is head of state; the prime minister is head of government.
Turkey has a Unitary Government, and is controlled by one central government.
"United Nations Association Of Turkey." Birleşmiş Milletler Türk Derneği - United Nations Association Of Turkey. 1 Jan. 2011. Web. 13 Sept. 2014.
The Grand National Assembly (parliament) has 550 members.
It has a system of government in which an executive branch exists but is separate from the legislature.
Turkey's political system is based on a separation of powers.
A president is elected every 5 years.
The Prime Minister is appointed by the President and approved through a vote in the Parliament.
Executive power is held by the Council of Ministers.
Legislative power is vested in the Grand National Assembly of Turkey.
The Judiciary is independent of the executive and the legislature.