Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Medium of Instruction, Values Educatio, and Cordon Sanitaire
Transcript of Medium of Instruction, Values Educatio, and Cordon Sanitaire
Good Manners and Right Conduct
Coping with Our Linguistic Diversity
By: Emma H. Santos-Castilla
Monday, February 17, 2014
Vol XCIII, No. 311
Executive Order No. 335
Medium of Instruction
There was a time that English was the medium of instraction.
Revised Educational Program of 1957.
- introduced Tagalog as medium of instruction in grade 1 and 2, with the shift to English as main MOI in all school subjects starting in Grade 3.
DECS Order No. 9, s. 1973.
DECS Order No. 25, s. 1974.
English and Tagalog.
DECS Order No. 52, s. 1987.
- Using regional dialect as medium of instraction.
UNESCO- United NationEducational,Scientificand Cultural Organization .
SIL- Summer Institute of Linguistics.
NAEYC- National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Medium of Instruction, Values Education, and Cordon Sanitaire
Isagani R. Cruz
A law signed by President Corazon C. Aquino ( August 25, 1988.)
An Executive Order urging all government employees to use Filipino in their official transactions and communications.
According to Merriam-Webster:
-a protective barrier (as of buffer states )
against a potentially aggressive nation or a
dangerous influence (as an ideology.)
Philippines was linguisticaly and ethnically diverse.
Ten major language:
Tagalog Bicol Hiligaynon Maguindanao
Cebuano Kapampangan Waray
Ilocano Pangasinense Maranao