Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
LBS 2nd Cup of Coffee
Transcript of LBS 2nd Cup of Coffee
November 12, 2013
Math is All Around Us
Where do we see examples of math in our daily lives?
It is our job as parents & teachers to prepare our children for their futures.
Many jobs of the future will depend on mathematics and science.
Go Math! Florida Edition
K-5th Grade Textbooks can be accessed online via www.dadeschools.net/parentportal
Florida Curriculum for students K-2 are the Common Core State Standards & 3-5 are a blended curriculum with Next Generation Sunshine State Standards & Common Core State Standards
These standards can be accessed online via www.fldoe.org
Standardize Tests for 2014
K-2 students will take the SAT-10
This test is given orally and the test is not timed.
This test initiates gifted placement.
3-5 students will take the FCAT 2.0
The tests for students in grades 3 & 4 will be a timed paper-based test.
The test for students in grade 5 will be a timed computer based test.
Florida Department of Education
How can I help at home...
What are two things that I can do to help at home?