Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Why MOOCs help us in reading the future of Higher Education
Transcript of Why MOOCs help us in reading the future of Higher Education
ACCA is recognising a MOOC from Exeter University towards its professional qualification
Source Class Central https://www.class-central.com/report/moocs-2015-stats/
The BBC is co-developing its first four courses with partner universities
We have also partnered with three world famous cultural institutions…
iversity aims to build the virtual dimension of the European Higher Education Area.
How MOOCs can help us in reading
the future of higher education
susanna sancassani -Politecnico di Milano
Italy Polimi Open Knowledge
#big TLC company
#Ministery of Education
#bridge the gaps
new actors in higher education
global students -different ages
students of pok.polimi.it
source : METID
the raise of the "prosumer" of knowledge
More than 35 million people have enrolled in online courses in the last four years,
16-18 millions enrollments in 2015 (doubled from 2014).
MOOC (Massive Open Online Course)
- A syllabus and explicit learning objectives
- Materials and support activities for learning
- An evaluation system based on quizzes, exercises or projects
- A certification process
available through an
designed and operated to
ensure the scalability
to a large audience
accessible to all
, no need of :
- Prerequisites binding participation
- Membership of a particular institution
- Fees for participation
Quality lines for MOOCs-CRUI
Bates (2014, Teaching in the Digital Age), cited in the report "MOOCs and Quality: A Review of Recent Literature" (Sarah Hayes, July 2015, QAA MOOCs Network)
The HE of the future has to be able to :
scale up dramatically
include new knowledge actors
actually integrate ICT and support the evolution of methodologies