Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
NC Road Map
Transcript of NC Road Map
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
2. You are a great lover of the Hatteras Lighthouse. You are in Wilmington and decide to make the trip to see the lighthouse. How far will you travel?
3. The mountains are more your taste so explore the high country. How far will you travel from Chimney Rock Park near Lake Lure to the highest peak east of the Mississippi, Mount Mitchell?
1. How far is it from Raleigh, our state's capital, to your hometown?
4. You are a big basketball fan. How far will it be from your hometown to Chapel Hill to see the Tarheels?
5. How far from your hometown to Durham to catch the Blue Devils?
6. You are a movie fan. How far from Asheville, where The Hunger Games were filmed, to
Mount Airy, the town that inspired The Andy Griffith Show?
7. Lexington is famous for its barbeque while Morehead City is famous for its seafood.
How far would you travel to have barbeque for lunch and seafood for dinner?
8. Pepsi Cola was invented in New Bern. Salisbury is the home of Cheerwine. If you start in New Bern and see the Pepsi Museum and travel on to Salisbury to the Cheerwine Museum, how far will you travel?
9. You like science? How far from Discovery Place in Charlotte to the Wright Brother’s museum in Kitty Hawk?
Choose one of the following:
NC State Reptile
Eastern Box Turtle
Avg Speed: 1/4 mph
NC State Bird
Avg Speed: 36 mph
Avg Speed: 25 mph
NC State Mammal
NC State Dog
Avg Speed: 30 mph
Choose 5 cities for a road trip for your animal. Use what you know about proportions to calculate how long it would take your animal to reach each destination.
There are 8 military bases in NC. How far is it from Fort Bragg, located in Fayettville, to Camp Lejeune?