Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
HOW DID AUSTRALIA GETS ITS NAME?
Transcript of HOW DID AUSTRALIA GETS ITS NAME?
In the 800s till the 1400s geographers used the name Australis to referto Terra Australis.
The name ''Australia'' comes from the Latin. We can thank the sea explorer Matthews Flinders for the naming of us.
Across the centre of the maps Matthew Flinders wrote "Australia". Until that point, Australia was known as New Holland and Terra Australis.
We can thank the explorer Matthew Flinders for the naming of the continent.But what I want to know is how did Australia get its name... lets find out!
Some little facts!
A little more facts
OK LETS GET TO IT!
A little more info.
In 1824 the British offically adopts the name Australia.
Well that one is pretty easy MattheW Flinders [sea explorer] gave Australia its name.
WHO GAVE AUSTRALIA ITS NAME?
SORRY I DIDN'T PICK A REALLY AWESOME INQUIRY QUESTION BUT I PUT ALOT OF EFFORT INTO MY FEDERATION SO HOPE YOU LIKED IT