Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
TesterBootCamp. Lesson 4
Transcript of TesterBootCamp. Lesson 4
What is IT?
Hardware, Firmware, Software
Waterfall, Agile, Scrum Lesson 1 Artem Vasiuk firstname.lastname@example.org @artyvasiuk Test Manager Software Testing Process
Working with Requirements
Test Cases creation
Defect Tracking Systems Lesson 2 Black/White box testing
Levels of Testing
Types of Testing
Non-Functional Testing Lesson 3 Test Planning & Execution
Test Plan document
UX Lesson 4 Thank You! www.TesterBootCamp.narod.ru TesterBootCamp@ya.ru @artyvasiuk #testerbootcamp arty.vasyuk ...Previously in TesterBootCamp Methodologies
Test Cases & Defects
Types of Testing organization
Examples Ready for Take off Each project is started from.... PLANNING Test Plan ...is a management document that shows How the testing will be done
Who will do it
What will be tested
What the test coverage will be
How long it will take Introduction
Features TO BE and NOT TO BE tested
Team and Responsibilities
Estimates and Schedule
Approvals Includes following basic sections: Deming Cycle Testing Cycle PLAN TEST REPORT RETEST Test Metrics "We cannot control what we cannot measure"
"We cannot improve what we cannot measure" number of Test Cases:
First run failure
Re-execution Base metrics Calculated metrics % Defects reported & corrected
% Test coverage
% Test cases passed
% Test cases efficiency
% Defects slipped Failed test cases 100% Executed test cases 24
---- x 100% = 20%
117 Production defects Reported defects* * related and correct issues 100% 2
---- x 100% = 2 %
---- x 100% = 148 %
25 OK (98% efficient) FAIL (0% efficient + 48% worse) Passed TC Sprint start end Test Estimation Estimation is the process of finding an estimate of a result which is usable even if input data may be incomplete or uncertain. Example: 8 hour work day
15 min per 1 test case
Run 23 Test cases
Prepare Report - 1 h Given Count 8h - 1h = 7 hrs
7h - .50' = 6h 10'
.15' x 23 = 5h 45' Task 25 mins Estimation Techniques Factors: Size of a system
Types of testing required
Scripted or Exploratory testing
'Non testing' activities
Test phases Approaches: 1. Company method/model
2. Experience from other projects
3. Expert's help
4. Your own expert judgement
5. Software size based
6. Activities based Important! Check your expectations with reality
and adjust accordingly.
>Deming Cycle - PM [Project Manager]
- BA [Business Analyst]
- TW [Technical Writer]
- CM [Configuration Manager]
- UX [User Experience] Other roles on a project: Factors & Approaches Profit: (5 times x 10 mins) TC BUT! - Test cases blocked by defects
- Defects require management
- Version (build) management
- Technical and Social risks Estimates are dependent