Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Op Art Cube Project
Transcript of Op Art Cube Project
Task: You will be creating a 3-D Op Art sculpture. Using what we have learned in this unit, and your own research on the Internet, you will design a cube with a variety of Op Art designs.
Op Art Cube
Op Art is short for Optical Art.
You may use your smartphone for ideas, as well as the art books.
Use your friends as help when you get stuck.
Work through any challenges and see what you can do!
Op Art Cube
Victor Vasarely is considered
the father of the Op Art movement as he explored colors and illusions. By combining geometric elements
with colors and values,
he created retinal vibrations.
Another well known Op Art illusionist is Bridget Riley. She worked primarily in black and white with linear waves, billows, and vibrations.
The Op Art period was short and sweet. Although short, Op Art had a strong influence on textile and product design, music, advertising, and interior design.