Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Key Literary Elements
Transcript of Key Literary Elements
Four important ways that readers think about story...
Authors work hard to create interesting characters that readers can connect with.
Characters can be sympathetic.
Characters also have motivations.
Characters learn & change.
The setting is the world of the story.
Setting can change the characters' lives.
Settings can be realistic, unrealistic or completely unreal.
Settings can teach you about the other times and places.
Theme is a big issue at the heart of a story.
If a story has a message, that's the theme.
If a character learns something in a story, it's about the them.
finding yourself, friendship, fitting in, handling death, immigration, racism, hopeless love, family, addiction, abuse, power, surviving, greed, courage, loneliness, hope, etc..
Plot = Story or storyline.
Plots can be realistic or unrealistic.
Plots can be surprising and full of twists or they can be predictable .
Plots can have suspense.
They can move at a quick pace or be very slow.