Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Religions of the Renaissance
Transcript of Religions of the Renaissance
Reformation of the Church
By the early 1500s the Church was calling for a change.
Some of the reasons were;
The Church Becoming to Wealthy
Over Involvement with Politics
The Reformation also gave the people a voice which lead to self-government. In the new Churches you elected your own leaders and made your own rules.
Catholic reformers created new religious orders or communities in southern Europe to make people go back to the Catholic Church and turn them against Protestantism
In 1562 a war broke out between the French Catholics and the Protestants and lasted for decades
In the holy roman empire the king of Bohemia forced all of his people to become catholic, which started the Thirty Years' War
Luther is the priest responsible for the ninety-five theses which lead to the church splitting, and those who protested became known as Protestants.
He also translated the Bible so that those who didn't speak Greek or Latin could read it for themselves