Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
New Media & Communication
Willem Pietersonon 15 December 2010
Transcript of New Media & Communication
CS Bachelor Course Willem Pieterson
firstname.lastname@example.org The angle of Communication Studies New Media? 1960s: Internet 1970s: email 1990s: WWW 2000s: Social Media Yes! The 'new' media are still new.. How to design new media
- From a user perspective
- Human-Computer Interaction Adoption of new media The design of new media Some example questions or.. Do we want this? ..this.. ..or.. ..this.. ..or.. ..this? How to design new media from the perspective of the user? For example in organizations Key question: what (new) media to deploy to communicate effectively? And what about
negative aspects? How did this guy effectively used the new media? Willem Pieterson | email@example.com The course at a glance: Semester 2
For INF: 9 Lectures, 5 EC
6 workshops (werkcolleges): voluntary
Introduction (3 lectures)
Design of new media (2 lectures)
Adoption of new media (2 lectures)
Use and Effects (2 lectures)
Examination: written exam - The role of new media in human behavior
(broad) and communication (narrow) This is done through three related topics: The Use and Effects of New Media How do users adopt new media
- Adoption processes
- Diffusion of innovations
- Acceptance models How do people use new media
and what are the effects?
- New vs. old media
- Digital inequality
- Role of networks
- Future developments Design Adoption Use&Effects Combined: the course gives you an overview
of the main theories, research, trends and issues
in new media and communication