Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Wednsday
Thank you for watching!
Many people go to the National Pantheon of the Heroes to honor those who fought the two wars since their independence. Some of the heroes remembered are Don Carlos Antonio López, Mariscal Francisco Solano López, Mariscal José Félix Estigarribia and his wife.
Wednesday June 1, 2016
Vol XCIII, No. 311
What it is
The National Pantheon of the Heroes
More about the Pantheon
The National Pantheon of Heroes is a national landmark in Asunción, Paraguay. The Pantheon is a tourist site as well as a site for foreign delegates, though it was originally a chapel. It honors those who fought for Paraguay in past wars. The National Pantheon of Heroes it similar to the United States' s Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
There are plaques sent by foreign rulers, kings, and princes. There are also congratulations from the Paraguayan Navy, Airforce and others. And there is an inscription that says, "Fides et Patria" which means, "My faith and my country."
National Pantheon of the Heroes