Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Maps and Map Literacy in World History
Transcript of Maps and Map Literacy in World History
The World in the Third Millennium BCE
Pastoralist verses Agriculturalist: who lives where and why?
Indus River Valley
Old Kingdom Egypt
Settlements on the Margins
What goods are available in each region?
What goods are missing?
How does the range of goods impact the society?
What is the relationship of goods/resources to urban centers?
Trade and Exchange in SW Asia and the E. Mediterranean
Sumerian cylinder seal
Bactrian banded alabaster
beaker shaped vessel
3rd-2nd millenia B.C.E.
Gudea 2120 BCE
Mesopotamian Cylinder Seal, 3rd Millenium B.C.E.
Profile carved in shell. From
Ayious Onouphrios in the Nile Valley. Early 2nd millenium BCE
Pectoral and Necklace of Princess Sithathoryunet
gold, lapis lazuli, turqoise, carnelian
1st-2nd century C.E.
The Standard of Ur