Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Grade 5 Spectacular Similes!!
Transcript of Grade 5 Spectacular Similes!!
Can you think of a good book you've read lately? Go back to your favourite scene- what did you hear? Smell? Taste? Feel? See? Your task today is going to be writing original similes that describe using all five senses! As you write your similes, try to expand your vocabulary to include adjectives that give specific clues to the reader.
Example: The ground was hard as a rock. VS The frozen playground was as hard as a rock. Finish the following similes:
My brother yelled as loud as....
The homework our teacher assigned was like...
To me learning is like...
My brain is as fascinating as... Talk about these examples with a partner. What is the comparison being made?
Miss Austin runs like a cheetah.
Mr. Farrell kicks like a mule.
Curly was flopping about like a fish on a line.
Mary tiptoed as quiet as a mouse.
As Kristy walked towards the stage, she looked as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
After working all day, my dad's hands felt as smooth as sandpaper.