Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Farsighted (Hyperopia)
What is "Farsighted" (Hyperopia)
As you can see; the woman is quite blurry, but in the distance you can see crystal clear.
Example of Farsightedness
-Difficulty seeing near objects clearly
Symptoms of Being Farsighted
You may think as an adult you would be likely to notice hyperopia; but, in reality, the process to too slow for the brain to detect.
Farsightedness in children can also go unnoticed. Some were born farsighted so they think it is normal to see close objects unclear. Others may be able to somewhat see clearly but unconsciously strain their eyes to do so.
Farsightedness in Adults and Children
-The bending of light as it passes through one object, to another.
-Vision occurs when the light rays are bent (refracted).
What Is Refraction (Normal Vision)
-The shape of the eye prevents light from focusing on the retina.
-The length of the eyeball can causes refractive errors.
-Not a disease
-Common in adults and children