Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CL5 - Future Tenses
Transcript of CL5 - Future Tenses
We can refer to the future in three ways
1. be going to
- Richard is going to work in the summer.
- I'm going to buy a new car pretty soon.
- Are you going to get a present for Gina?
usually are used in present continuous for future.
2. Present Continuous for future
For plans with other people, arrangements and appointments.
I think the exam will be a little difficult, so please study hard.
I’m sure you’ll pass the job interview.
John will probably lose his job because of his misbehavior.
* be able to
Currently I can’t afford an apartment because of my debts, but next year I’
ll be able
I think they
won’t be able to
come to the wedding because their daughter is sick.
be able to
finish this work for
1. be going to
2. Present continuous
3. Future simple: Will
Are you going to come to the movies with us tonight?
I'm going to go to the concert this weekend
1. Frank is
meeting / going to meet
his girlfriend after work.
starting / going to start
guitar lessons one day.
3. My friends are
coming / going to come
over this evening.
seeing / going to see
my grandparents this weekend, I called them yesterday.
reading / going to read
a novel in English one of these days.
6. Marc and Nataly are
getting married / going to get married
7. Pamela is
learning / going to learn
Chinese next month.
having lunch / going to have lunch
with my friends from work this Friday.
We use it for personal plans
Are you coming
to the movies with us tonight?
to the concert this weekend
Karen is seeing the doctor this afternoon.
I'm meeting some friends after work.
( plans & intentions )
( arrangements )
( predictions )
3. Future Simple: Will
Will is used for predictions. Perhaps, maybe /
I believe, I think, I hope, I'm sure, probably
often are used here.
Use the right form of the future form
1. Maybe I .......... shopping later. (go)
2. I .................. shopping with Martha later. (go)
3. I think that in 50 years people .................. suits against radiation. (wear)
4. I ...................... with some friends at the library at 4 pm. (study)
5. I ............................ my job because I'm tired of it. (quit)
6. I ............................ my grandma in the afternoon. (probably / visit)
7. I ................... my grandma in the afternoon, she'll be at home at 5. (visit)
8. I ............................ my grandma in the afternoon, I hope to find her. (visit)
'm going to quit
'll probably visit
'm going to visit
Miguel Angel Esquivel CL-5
To talk about possibilities in the future