Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Morphology
Verb -s, -ing, -ed, -en
Adj -est, -er jump (present) jumped (past) boy (singular) boys (plural) small (adj.) smallest (superlative) Yule McCarthy Roots Word-Formation Derived
Words It's a chunk of language that should be treated as a single lexical item. Idioms to bite the dust
to kick the bucket
to pass the buck These are pairs of trios of words and which display fixed membership. Binomial &
Trinomials ladies and gentlemen
to and fro
back and forth Morphs & Allomorphs Morphs are the actual words to realized morphemes. Example: Cats consists of 2 morphs
morpheme Allomorphs are different forms of the same morpheme. These can be different pronunciations or different spellings. References Presentation made by: Fernanda Cueto
Yule(1985). The Study of Language. p. 59-65.
McCarthy(1998). Vocabulary. p. 3-11