Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Informational Text
The most common reading
text that is not fiction
primary purpose is to give information
short or long
on the surface or in depth
written or expressed in any format or organizational pattern
Chronological Order: sequence; time order
Also known as text structure.
Look for key words to help figure out what the structure of a text is.
Cause & Effect or Problem & Solution
Main Idea & Details or Proposition & Support
Enumeration: lists or steps
Essential Question: When reading informational text, what do you pay attention to & analyze in order to better comprehend what is being said in a text?
DEPTH OF INFORMATION:
how much information on a specific topic is given to the reader
the topic covered in the text
does the author only give facts or is opinion inserted with facts
how the text is written
Compare & Contrast or Similarities & Differences
Does the text have only a small amount of information (only on-the-surface information) on a topic or does it cover a topic in depth, giving the reader a lot of detail & information?
look at closely
leads to judgements or decisions