Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Poetry: Epilogue to "The Padlock"
Transcript of Poetry: Epilogue to "The Padlock"
'The Padlock' (1768) and
'The Gentleman's Magazine' (1787)
Literary Devices - Continued
- Rhyming Couplets
- Lyric Poetry
How do you feel about the poem?
Theme and Analysis
How do you feel about racism in today's society?
How we felt about the poem
"If you don't keep your mouth shut, they'll do it for you."
Dramatic Reading of Poem
"My thoughts can reason, and my limbs can move,
The same as yours; like yours my heart can love:
Alike my body food and sleep sustains;
Alike our wants, our pleasures, and our pains.
One sun rolls o'er us, common skies around;
One globe supports us, and one grave must bound."
"Yet was I born, as you are, no man's slave,
An heir to all that liberal Nature gave;"
Personification/ Metaphor :